When I spend time outside, I sometimes want a little more privacy than usual. This is especially important to me when my hubby and I want to enjoy some time outside together. We both prefer to spend a night at home rather than go out and we love spending time outside. However, sometimes we want to have this time with a little more seclusion than usual.
This is when I found out about privacy screens. These are the stronger, outdoor version of the free standing folding screens.
A divider such as a privacy screen is a beautiful and easy way to ensure a little solitude! One of the reasons it works so well is that it doesn’t take a lot to install either!
There are plenty of different options to choose from for your outdoor privacy screen. They are made from a variety of material such as wicker, fiber, composite, and more. It is up to you what type of privacy screen you want and what you want from it. We will be looking at specific products in this article but if you want to look at some different types of screens then you can look here for more information.
Allen and Roth Composite Privacy Screen
This composite screen is brought to us by my favorite brand; it’s an Allen and Roth privacy screen by Lowe’s. It is far more than just functional, it is beautiful as well. For a piece that has been used for a long time, Allen+Roth brings an impressive, modern twist to the old design. This design is symmetrical with a black frame contrasting against it.
Unfortunately, this Allen Roth privacy screen is no longer available.
Luckily, though, there are plenty of other options to choose from that are just as gorgeous. In this article, we will look at 3 more screens that serve as fantastic alternatives.
Wicker Room Divider
This wicker divider is tightly woven to offer plenty of privacy. Rather than folding up, it is a single wall, so there aren’t any bends or folds. It comes in many sizes and colors as well, so it will fit with any décor you might have.
- Various sizes available including 4 feet by 4 feet or 4 feet by 6 feet
- Comes in brown, black, white, tan, and white
- Thanks to resin, this screen is also water repellant, helping it last longer outdoors
- It isn’t heavy either, so it is easy to set up and move
- Simple and straightforward assembly
- Side by side screens can easily be used to create a larger wall
- The look of the screen perfectly matches advertisements, so you won’t get any surprises
- Being light is a give and take and the wind may prove detrimental to this screen
- It is slightly more expensive than other models
Oriental Dark Brown Divider
This divider has a more traditional look than the wicker one since it is foldable. It is also tightly woven, making it completely opaque for your privacy. Not only will this divider go with many different styles of décor, it stays clean since no lint will show.
- Vinyl material is resilient to weather
- Panels can be 6 feet by 17. 5 inches wide or 4 feet by 17.5 inches wide
- The 4-foot screen can be purchased in multiple colors including dark mocha, black, red/black, white, light green, cream, and dark beige
- This screen is tall, so it offers exceptional privacy
- Multiple screens can be used to create secluded areas (i.e. a changing area beside a pool)
- Beautiful and easy to match with different decors thanks to the many colors
- Not the most budget-friendly option
- It is light-weight, so it can be blown over by the wind easily
This gorgeous screen differs in design from Allen Roth outdoor privacy screen and the other oness. It features wood paneling with a beautiful light brown and white mosaic at the top. This has dual uses as well thanks to planter boxes on either side.
- Dual function thanks to planters
- The cedar lumber will withstand the wind
- Straight forward and easy to assemble
- Sturdy enough to stand up to wind and last
- Provides plenty of privacy
- You can’t drain the planters
- Assembly is easy, but it does take a while
Of course, depending on where you live you may need different things. If you live somewhere windy, then you may lean toward the heavier garden screen. No matter what, though, there is an option to fit your needs.
Looks are important too, though. Don’t forget that this is somewhere you’ll be spending time, so don’t forget to choose pieces you like.